Discover the city of Lila and Lenù. This tour has been designed to be a roving book club with lots of in-depth conversation about the extraordinary Neapolitan novels in the places where the stories are set. Watch the video below:
Led by Feast on History founder Danielle Oteri who is an expert on Renaissance Naples, along with local experts who will reveal the many sides of Naples described by Elena Ferrante.
- See Naples through the lives of Lila and Lenù including Piazza dei Martiri, the Vomero and the Retifilo.
- Tour the Spanish quarter.
- Visit Castel Nuovo and Castel dell'Ovo, seen on the cover of "The Story of a Lost Child"
- Stay in the historic center, a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Visit the famous Capodimonte art galleries and the Archaeological Museum where the treasures of Pompeii are displayed.
- Discover the cuisine of Naples at local trattorie. We'll make special visits to historic Naples pastry shops and sfogliatelle like Signor Spagnuolo would have made at the Bar Solara. We'll also eat at Antica Pizzeria Brandi where pizza was first invented.
- Sail through the Bay of Naples for a day trip to Ischia where much of "The Story of a New Name" was set.