JUST ANNOUNCED: Our May group will have a private tour of the storage vaults at Paestum's archaeological park and museum
- Unpack your bags for the entire week to stay at Borgo La Pietraia overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea
- See UNESCO World Heritage sites; the temples at Paestum, the medieval village of Castellabate and the monastery of San Lorenzo di Padula
- A private cooking class
- In-depth tour of the archaeological parks at Paestum and Velia, once the site of the Eleatic school of philosophers
- Exclusive wine tasting at San Salvatore, a prestigious Cilento coast vineyard.
- A drive along the beaches at Paestum and a look at a World War II bunker
Day 1: Welcome to Borgo La Pietraia
We'll pick you up in Rome at noon and then drive you to the beautiful Cilento countryside. Unpack and unwind for the afternoon. Your home for the entire week is Borgo La Pietraia, a collaboration between renowned Italian architect Nicola Pagliara and the Scariati family. All rooms have fully modern amenities and a private terrace with a sweeping view of the Tyrrhenian Sea and Capri. We'll have a wine tasting before dinner and then a celebratory feast of typical Cilento ingredients given a fine dining touch.
Day 2: Vannulo and San Salvatore
Visit Vannulo, Italy's single best producer of buffalo mozzarella then visit San Salvatore vineyard and tasting room, an organic, bio-dynamic vineyard and farm.
Day 3: Cilento Coast
Explore the fishing towns along the Cilento coast including and Castellabate and Acciaroli where Hemingway met his inspiration for "The Old Man and the Sea."
Day 4: Cook with a Baronessa
Meet the Baronessa Cecilia Baratta Bellelli who will lead us through a 5-course cooking class of regional specialities on her family estate and farm. Learn to make handmade ravioli, Neapolitan style pizza in a wood fired oven and torta caprese, a very regional cake made with chocolate and almond flour. Afterward we'll eat lunch in the Baronessa's dining room filled with antiques and relax on her terrace and gardens.
Day 5: Amalfi-by-Sea
In the morning we'll drive to Salerno to see the extraordinary new ferry terminal designed by architect Zaha Hadid. We'll have a front row seat to the Amalfi coast as we travel by boat to the town of Amalfi. After a day exploring the Norman-Arab cathedral and the famous pastry shop Andrea Pansa, we'll return to Salerno by ferry and then have dinner at a very special family-run trattoria in Vietri sul Mare.
Day 6: Cilento National Park
Explore the abandoned medieval towns of the Cilento National Park on foot with a guide OR relax at Borgo La Pietraia for the day.
Day 7: Angel Caves & San Lorenzo di Padula
Explore the underground Angel Caves by boat and then drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site of San Lorenzo di Padula
Day 8: Arrivederci
Depart for Rome at 10am
SOLD OUT: Executive Suite: $5,300.00 per person, double occupancy. Single supplement is $572.00
2 ROOMS LEFT: Superior Suite: $5,100.00 per person, double occupancy. Single supplement is $474.00
1 ROOM LEFT: Junior Suite: $4,950 per person, double occupancy. Single supplement is $372.00
- Breakfast daily
- Four lunches
- All dinners
- Wine at all meals
- All ground transportation via private coach and drivers
- Ferry between Amalfi and Salerno
- Enrichment program of history and wine lectures
- All entrance fees, tours and local guides
- Transfers from Borgo La Pietraia and the Westin Excelsior in the city center of Rome
- Taxes, service charges and gratuities
NOT INCLUDED IN RATE
- International airfare
- Mini-fridge charges or room service
- Trip insurance
The tour begins and ends in Rome. Please plan to meet us at the Westin Excelsior at noon on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
The tour ends on Sunday after breakfast. Our private bus will bring depart for Rome (about a 2.5 hour drive) at 10am and drop-off at the Westin Excelsior.
To reserve your spot, please make a $2,000 deposit, $350 of which is non-refundable.
For questions, contact email@example.com or call 917-881-3918 between 10am-6pm EST.