Spend the afternoon exploring an iconic neighborhood that still does things the old-fashioned way.
Little Italy in the Bronx is like a time capsule of Italian foods, with many dishes and delicacies that can no longer be found in Italy. Settled by Italian immigrants who came to the Bronx to build the New York Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo, this is New York's largest remaining Little Italy.
Our mission is to introduce people to the small, truly artisanal food makers in Little Italy. We hope you'll return again and again and help keep these food traditions alive. We believe in and support small businesses! Please select from our menu of upcoming Italian food tours. If you would like to book a private tour for friends/family or a corporate group, please see our PRIVATE TOURS.
Visit our website arthuravenuefoodtours.com for our daily tasting tour, pastry tour, Summer Friday tours or to book a private tour.
- Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of New York's 10 best butcher shops. Originally called Oteri's, it was a dried fish store owned by your guide's great-grandfather. After World War II, her uncle converted the space into a butcher shop which also served as the set of the Oscar winning film "Marty," starring Ernest Borgnine.
- Sample scamorza, parmigiano reggiano and a decadent truffle cheese at Calandra's as well as the housemade mozzarella and ricotta cheese, the best you'll find outside Italy.
- Take a stroll through the enormous Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste the best sfogliatelle outside of Naples at Marrone's Pastry Shop and see how cannoli are made at Egidio's.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the incredibly addictive "chicola" bread and Madonia for the chocolate bread.
Other stops include:
- Borgatti Ravioli
- Casa della Mozzarella
- Biancardi's Meat Market
- Cozenza Fish Market
- Cerini Coffee & Gifts
- The tour concludes with a sit-down lunch where we feast on the best pizza margherita on Arthur Avenue.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com or call 917-881-3918, 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday.