Join us for a 2-hour food tour of Little Italy in the Bronx where we'll make stops at bread bakeries, pastry shops, cheese shops and the famous Arthur Avenue Retail Market.
- Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of New York's 10 best butcher shops.
- Sample scamorza, parmigiano reggiano and a decadent truffle cheese at Calandra's as well as the housemade mozzarella and ricotta cheese, the best you'll find outside Italy.
- Take a stroll through the enormous Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste the best sfogliatelle outside of Naples at Marrone's Pastry Shop and see how cannoli are made at Egidio's.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the incredibly addictive "chicola" bread and Madonia for the chocolate bread.
Other stops include:
- Borgatti Ravioli
- Casa della Mozzarella
- Biancardi's Meat Market
- Cosenza Fish Market
- Cerini Coffee & Gifts
- The tour concludes with Salerno style pizza, fresh from a wood-burning oven at Tino's.
$65 per person, includes tastings equivalent to a large lunch.