Led by Feast on History founder Danielle Oteri who is an expert on Renaissance Naples, along with local experts who will reveal the many sides of Naples described by Elena Ferrante.
- Trace the lives of Elena, Lila, Nino and all the characters in the Neapolitan novels. See the neighborhood of their childhood, the stradone and the infamous tunnel. Have drinks in the Piazza dei Martiri where Lila ran her shoe salon, the Vomero where Elena lived with Nino and the view from Posillipo where Michele bought his elegant villa.
- Spend a day on Ischia and see Barano, the Maronti and the Aragonese castle.
- Eat amazing Neapolitan food from pizza at the most historic pizzeria in Naples, sfogliatelle and pastry like the ones made by Signor Spagnuolo and seafood.
- See the extraordinary art collections in Naples including Museo di Capodimonte, the Naples National Archaeological Museum and the famous "Veiled Christ."
$2,100 per person double occupancy
$2,400 per person single occupancy
4 star accommodations in the historic city center
All meals and wine with dinner
All guides and tours
Ground transportation in Naples and ferry to Ischia.
Tour begins and ends in Naples. Airfare not included.
Questions? Contact Danielle at email@example.com or call 917-881-3918 between 10am-6pm EST.
MAKE A RESERVATION
- Accommodations. We will stay in a luxury hotel near the port. I have requested rooms on the top floor with extraordinary view of the city. (All the photos on this page were shot from there.) The hotel has room service (if you need it) and a lovely restaurant where we will enjoy breakfast daily. The tour begins and ends at the hotel. I will be there for at least two nights before if you want to get in early and roam around Naples with me.
- Getting to Naples. There are some direct flights to Naples from NY, but most transfer at Rome or Milan. The Naples airport is wonderful! Another option is to fly to Rome and Milan and take the train which is how I usually travel as I love to watch the countryside roll by.
- Food. Naples is one of the world's great food cities. We will eat at the local trattorie and pizzerie I have come to love in my years of traveling and working there. The local diet is based heavily on pasta, vegetables, fish and pork. If you have any food allergies or intolerances, just let me know in advance and I will do my very best to prepare. Gluten-free pasta is widely available in Italy, though not pizza or pastry. We will eat a lot, but we'll walk a lot as well.
- Clothing. The most important thing to bring is comfortable shoes. The weather in Naples is very similar to Los Angeles, so warm days, cooler nights. I always travel with jeans, black pants, a few t-shirts, a cardigan and a blazer.
- The company. We are group of Ferrante lovers first and foremost. Don't worry if you aren't coming with a friend, partner or spouse. For the week, we're all family. If you're single and would like to share a room, let me know so that I can try and pair you with someone so you can enjoy the double room rate.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PAYMENT SCHEDULE A non-refundable deposit of $300.00 per person, payable to Danielle Oteri/Feast On History is required with the reservation application. Final payment, by check or credit card, must be received 120 days prior to departure.
HEALTH All participants must be in good health. This program involves extensive walking over uneven surfaces and climbing stairs at monuments and other locations not handicapped accessible, and climbing in and out of various conveyances. Any condition that may require assistance or special medical attention must be reported at the time of your reservation.
PHOTOGRAPHY Photographs or, in some cases, videos of participants of Feast on History trips may be used for educational and promotional purposes by Feast on History.
Feast On History strongly urges you to purchase travel insurance trip cancellation, emergency medical evaluation, lost or damaged baggage, accidents or sickness.
CHANGES IN ITINERARY & COSTS
The itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of Danielle Oteri/Feast on History which may occur due to weather, strikes or emergency closures. All prices quoted are based on prevailing fuel prices and currency exchange rates in effect at time of brochure publishing. Individual deviations from the scheduled itinerary are at the expense of the individual.
RESPONSIBILITY CLAUSE Feast on History assumes no responsibility or liability for any act, error, or omission, or for any injury, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any aircraft, ship, train, bus, or other carrier, or through neglect or default of any subcontractor or other third party, which may be used wholly or in part in the performance of their duty to the participants of The Program. The passage ticket issued by the carrier is the sole contract between the participant and the carrier. Nor will Feast on History be responsible for loss, injury, damages, or expenses to persons or property, due to illness, weather, strikes, local laws, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, or other such causes in connection with The Program or anything beyond their reasonable control. Feast on History is not responsible for transportation or other program delays and changes, nor additional expenses or loss of time that may be incurred. In the event it becomes necessary or advisable for the comfort or well-being of the participants, or for any reason whatsoever, to alter the itinerary at any time, without notice to the participants, such alterations will be made without penalty to Feast on History. Additional expenses, if any, shall be borne by the participants. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the participant at all times. Feast on History reserves the right to accept or decline any person as a participant at any time, or to require any participant to withdraw from The Program at their own expense when such an action is determined by Feast on History to be in the best interest of the participant’s health and safety, or the general welfare of the other participants.
Feast on History must strictly adhere to its cancellation policy to offset costs incurred prior to the commencement of The Program, which may include but are not limited to: advance payments to land operators; ship charters; communication expenses; development/promotional expenses; and the loss of time that might have permitted resale of reserved space. All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to a $350 non-refundable administrative fee. All refunds are limited to amounts actually received by Feast on History and are the sole responsibility of Feast on History. At the time Feast on History receives written notification of cancellation, the following cancellation charges will apply: cancellations received between 120 and 91 days prior to departure, 20 percent of the program cost per person; those received between 90 and 61 days before departure, 50 percent of the program cost per person; no refunds will be given for cancellations received within 60 days of departure. No refunds are given for cancellation on or after the day of departure, or for unused portions of the tour, for any reason. Feast On History shall not be liable for any airline cancellation penalties incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable ticket. In the case of a cancellation due to shortage of participants,Feast On History will attempt to notify all participants at least 45 days prior to departure. However, Feast On History reserves the right to cancel The Program prior to departure for any reason and, in such case, reimbursement of refundable costs of the trip by Feast On History shall constitute full settlement with the participant. In the unlikely event that a dispute arises between a participant and Feast On History, the following conditions will apply: (a) the dispute will be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in New York, NY; (b) the dispute will be governed by New York Law; (c) the maximum amount of recovery to which a participant shall be entitled under any and all circumstances will be the sum of all monies actually received from the participant by Feast On History. The participant agrees that this is a fair and reasonable limitation on the damages, of any sort whatsoever, that a participant may suffer. Upon payment of the deposit to Feast On History, the participant agrees to be bound by the above terms and conditions.