Want to follow along on our trip? Like us on Facebook or follow @feastonhistory on Instagram.
Explore the food, wine and art of Campania's coast. Borgo La Pietraia overlooking the Tyrrhenian sea will serve as home base for exploring the Amalfi and Cilento coasts.
- Eat lunch at Naples' most historic pizzeria and learn about sfogliatelle, the city's signature pastry
- Travel by boat along the Amalfi coast to the island of Capri.
- Visit the historic pastry shop "Andrea Pansa" in Amalfi and eat a 5-course seafood feast at a family-run trattoria in Vietri sul Mare.
- Spend a day on the beach at Castellabate Santa Maria and then eat like the locals do in Agropoli.
- Learn to cook from a Baronessa at her farm on the Sele Plain.
- Visit the 6th century BCE ruins of Paestum
- Visit local farms and learn to paint with wine
$1950 per person includes accommodations, ground transportation (including airport transfers to Naples), breakfast daily, all dinners, tastings and most lunches.
Tour begins and ends in Naples. We will pick you up and drop you off at the Naples airport or train station. Airfare not included.
Sunday: Pizza in Naples
Arrive in Napoli Centrale (train station)
Bus pick-up, drive to Piazza Trento e Trieste, lunch at Antica Pizzeria Brandi
Depart for Borgo La Pietraia (about 1.5 hours drive)
Monday: Cooking class and ancient ruins
Cooking class at Masseria Eliseo with the Baronessa
Visit to the Paestum temples
Dinner at Borgo
Rise early for ride to Salerno, then boat to Capri
Explore Capri independently or visit the Villa San Michele (optional)
Late afternoon boat back to Salerno for "passeggiata" along the Lungomare, one of Italy's best passeggiatas.
Dinner at a classic Salerno trattoria
Wednesday: Cilento Coast
Visit to buffalo mozzarella farm
Afternoon on the beach at Castellabate, a UNESCO world heritage site
Thursday: Amalfi Coast
A drive across the rugged Amalfi coast
Morning in Amalfi
Afternoon in Vietri sul Mare, famous for ceramic artisans
5-course seafood feast at local family trattoria (one of our favorites!)
Friday: Relax at Borgo La Pietraia
A free day to relax by the pool, read a book on your own terrace or hike to the Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Pomegranate. Also a half hour walk to "Capaccio Vecchio" the medieval town directly above the hotel where my family has lived for centuries.
Saturday: A Taste of the Cilento Mountains
A visit to taste the very rare white figs of the Cilento followed by a Cilento vineyard. Dinner at a restaurant in the mountains that serves traditional fare.
After breakfast, depart for Naples at 11am. Expect to arrive at the train station by 1pm.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-881-3918 between 10am-6pm EST.